Friday, May 22, 2009

Learning is for Chocolate, Treats, and Games

Noah is fascinating us at the moment with some of the little things he does.
  • He's recently (re-)discovered where the cooking chocolate lives. He acts like it's a new discovery every time: 'Hey, what's this hiding in here?'. The other day he raided the stash, emptying a packet of choc-buds into a monstrous mixing bowl and adding some more from another packet. He proceeded to sit down in the lounge room to enjoy his meal. Thereafter, his strategy was twofold: (a) act casual when caught, and (b) call it a 'picnic'.
  • Longer sentences. Perhaps my favourite recently was, 'You're supposed to be getting me a treat'. He was quite right; I was on my way :)
  • Noah's imaginative play is getting pretty powerful. Here's a game he invented. Notice that there's one puzzle piece per coloured square. You have to tread on each one, and when you do your foot goes in the water... or were they lily-pads? I can't remember.


On the sickness-front, Lily has nearly shaken her cold. (I've been sick with the same thing this week.)

No comments: